Summer Research Internships
2017 College of Pharmacy Summer Research Training Program
Participating Faculty: Center for Pharmacogenomics & Department of Pharmacotherapy and Translational Research
The goal of the summer research training program is to provide is to provide students at the University of Florida, College of Pharmacy with a unique opportunity to learn about clinical research in the pharmaceutical sciences in a competitive research environment. Faculty in the Department of Pharmacotherapy and Translational Research and Center for Pharmacogenomics conduct research on understanding genetic and non-genetic factors that contribute to variability in drug response.
Students will also gain an appreciation for alternative career paths and options available for advanced training post-PharmD (e.g., fellowship training and graduate education).
- 8-10 week program
- Commitment to full-time (40 hrs per week) participation in a research project
- Attendance at all scheduled activities (e.g., seminars, journal club, and research meetings)
- Submission of a written abstract of research
- Oral presentation of research
- Minimum Pharmacy GPA: 3.2
- Support: Stipend $4,327* (*2016. The stipend is paid in two installments, one early in the program and one at the end)
- See the College of Pharmacy Pharm.D. student research page: Link
- A brief interview may be required.