Areas of Research
In addition to the Center of Pharmacogenomics, the Department of Pharmacotherapy and Translational Research has a variety of ongoing research projects.
Areas of specialization include:
- Cardiovascular Disease, hypertension, metabolic syndrome and diabetes: Dr. Larisa Cavallari, Dr. Rhonda Cooper-Dehoff, Dr. Yan Gong, Dr. Julie A. Johnson, and Dr. Taimour Langaee
- Drug response, drug-drug interactions, drug transporters and drug metabolism enzymes: Dr. Reginald Frye and Dr. John Markowitz
- Oncology – Leukemia and solid tumors: Dr. Jatinder Lamba
- Therapeutic drug monitoring and clinical trials: Dr. Charles Peloquin
- Infectious disease, therapeutic drug monitoring and clinical trials for patients with advanced mycobacterial diseases: Dr. Charles Peloquin