For current OPS opportunities, please visit the University of Florida Human Resource Services Jobs page. You may also inquire with Faculty members in the Department.
Supervisors for selected applicants need to submit the following to the Administrative Services office:
- University of Florida OPS Application
- New Hire Demographic Information Form (Indicate working title on top left of the form)
- Proof of Identity and Eligibility to Work in the United States (See I-9 instructions for documents that can be submitted as proof – do not complete the form, that will be completed through GatorStart)
- Four-in-One Loyalty Oath (This form must be notarized.)
- Roles and Rights Request Form
- Nepotism Letter NEW – Employees who have relatives in the same department must complete this and submit it with their application documents.
- Employees who will need a Gator-1 card in remote campuses must submit a photo in JPEG image file format. The photo should be a headshot, facing the direction of the camera. Avoid photos with a “busy” or complicated background. A photo against a solid color or plain surface is best.
Non-Resident Aliens will have to complete these additional forms:
- I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification
- Foreign National Tax Information Form (include attachments listed on top of the form)
- Direct Deposit Form (include a voided check or a bank letter as referenced on the form)
Once an applicant’s information is entered into the UF hiring system, the applicant will receive a GatorStart email with additional payroll forms. Applicants must complete these forms as soon as possible in order for the appointments to be active in the system.
Gatorlink and myUFL
- Once a personnel appointment is active in the system, employees who do not have a Gatorlink account can go to: www.gatorlink.ufl.edu and follow the instructions to set up a Gatorlink account. The Gatorlink username and password will also be used to log into www.my.ufl.edu. Employees can log onto myUFL to enter time, view pay information and do training among many other functions.
Time Reporting and General Employment Guidelines
- Time entry OPS and Time Reporting Instructions
- Employees must enter their hours in a timely manner to avoid missing pay. Please use the Critical Dates Calendar as a guide.
- View Paycheck
- Holidays (OPS do not receive paid holidays)
- OPS State Benefit Plans
- Please visit Human Resource Services page for more details on OPS employment.
All new employees must complete the applicable HIPAA training within the first three days of hire, and the Sexual Harassment training within 30 days of hire. Please go to myUFL and select Training and Development on the Main Menu to complete these courses. Employees can also complete the required Confidentiality Statement through the link below.
Parking on Campus
- Employees are responsible for purchasing a parking decal if needed. The department will provide a parking letter for applicants to use at Parking Services before the approval of their personnel appointment. Please visit Transportation and Parking Services for more details on decal options and pricing. Employees at the Lake Nona campus will have to request a Parking Decal from Katherine Estes at the UF/Research and Academic Center building, 6550 Sanger Road, Room 181, Orlando, FL 32827 (phone: 407-313-7106). Please be ready to provide the following information at the Lake Nona campus parking office:
- Car Model
- Car Make
- Car Year
- For more information, please visit Gator Resources