For current TEAMS opportunities, please visit the University of Florida Human Resource Services Jobs page.
Once an employee is selected, the department will need to have the following documents to start the appointment process:
- New Hire Demographic Information Form (Indicate working title on top left of the form)
- Proof of Identity and Eligibility to Work in the United States (See I-9 instructions for documents that can be submitted as proof – do not complete the form, that will be completed through GatorStart)
- Four-in-One Loyalty Oath (This form must be notarized. Susan Griffith, Office Manager, is available to notarize the form if the employee is in Gainesville.
- Background screening request form
- Roles and Rights Request Form
- Nepotism Letter NEW – Employees who have relatives in the same department must complete this and submit it with their application documents.
- Employees who will need a Gator-1 card in remote campuses must submit a photo in JPEG image file format. The photo should be a headshot, facing the direction of the camera. Avoid photos with a “busy” or complicated background. A photo against a solid color or plain surface is best.
Non-Resident Aliens will have to complete these additional forms:
- I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification
- Foreign National Tax Information Form (include attachments listed on top of the form)
- Direct Deposit Form (include a voided check or a bank letter as referenced on the form)
Once an applicant’s information is entered into the UF hiring system, the applicant will receive a GatorStart email with additional payroll forms. Applicants must complete these forms as soon as possible in order for the appointments to be active in the system.
Gatorlink and myUFL
- Once a personnel appointment is active in the system, employees who do not have a gatorlink account can go to: www.gatorlink.ufl.edu and follow the instructions to set up a gatorlink account. The gatorlink username and password will also be used to log into www.my.ufl.edu. Employees can log onto myUFL to enter time, view pay information and do training among many other functions.
New employee Orientation
- Time Reporting (exempt) and Leave
- Time Reporting (nonexempt) and Leave
- Employees must enter their hours in a timely manner to avoid missing pay. All TEAMS hourly employees must get prior approval from their supervisors before working Overtime. Please use the department’s Critical Dates Calendar, FY13-14 – Internal PTR, as a guide.
- View Paycheck
- Holidays (OPS do not receive paid holidays)
- Maintaining Information Current in the System. Please visit “Updating your Information” at the bottom of the Gator Resources webpage.
All new employees must complete the applicable HIPAA training within the first 3 days of hire, and the Sexual Harrassment training within 30 days of hire. Please log into myUFL and select Training and Development on the Main Menu to complete these courses.
Parking on Campus
- Employees are responsible for purchasing a parking decal if needed. The department will provide a parking letter for applicants to use at Parking Services prior to the approval of their personnel appointment. Please visit Transportation and Parking Services for more details on decal options and pricing. Employees at the Lake Nona campus will have to request a Parking Decal from Katherine Estes at the UF/Research and Academic Center building, 6550 Sanger Road, Room 181, Orlando, FL 32827 (phone: 407-313-7106). Please be ready to provide the following information at the Lake Nona campus parking office:
- Car Model
- Car Make
- Car Year
- For more information, please visit Gator Resources