M.S. in Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Florida
B.Sc. in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Misr International University, Egypt
Entry date into PTR PhD Program: Summer 2018
- Pharmacogenomics of antihypertensive medications
- Precision Medicine
- Graduate Assistant – University of Florida, College of Pharmacy – May 2018 to present
- Lecturer – First Arabian Drug Information Center (FADIC) – November 2017 to present
- Clinical Pharmacy Instructor – Egyptian College of Clinical Pharmacy – March 2013 to June 2013
- Co-writer – Zoom out Pharmacotherapy – September 2012 to present
- Clinical Research Associate – Children’s Cancer Hospital Egypt 57357 – March 2012 to July 2015
- Community Pharmacist – September 2010 to September 2011
- Teaching Assistantship, University of Florida
- Fulbright Scholarship
- Scholarship, Children’s Cancer Hospital Egypt 57357
- Award certificate – Principles & Practice of Clinical Research course – Harvard Medical School
- American College of Clinical Pharmacy (ACCP)
- Board of Pharmacy Specialties (BPS)
- American Society for Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics (ASCPT)
- Singh S, McDonough CW, Gong Y, Alghamdi WA, Arwood MJ, Bargal SA, Dumeny L, Li YW, Mehanna M, Stockard B, Yang G, de Oliveira FA, Fredette NC, Shahin MH, Bailey KR, Beitelshees AL, Boerwinkle E, Chapman AB, Gums JG, Turner ST, Cooper-DeHoff RM, Johnson JA. Genome Wide Association Study Identifies the HMGCS2 Locus to be Associated With Chlorthalidone Induced Glucose Increase in Hypertensive Patients. Journal of the American Heart Association. 2018; 7(6).
- Mehanna M, Gong Y, McDonough CW, Beitelshees AL, Gums JG, Chapman AB, Schwartz GL, Johnson JA, Turner ST, Cooper-DeHoff RM. Blood Pressure Response to Metoprolol and Chlorthalidone in European and African Americans with Hypertension. Journal of Clinical Hypertension. 2017; 19: 1301-1308.
- Waleed M Hassan, Mai Mehanna, Radwa Nour, Dina Yehia, Noha Atta, Ahmad S. Alfaar. 2015. Association between quality of clinical trials and human development index in heart failure using JADAD scale. Principles and Practice of Clinical Research 2015, Jul-Aug; 1(2): 40-46.
- Singh S, Alghamdi W, Arwood MJ, Bargal SA, de Oliveira F, Dumeny L, Wen-Yi L, Mehanna M, Stockard B, Yang G, Fredette N, Shahin M, Bailey KR, Beitelshees AL, Boerwinkle E, Chapman AB, Gums JG, Turner ST, Gong Y, McDonough CW, Cooper-DeHoff RM, Johnson JA. A Genome Wide Association Study to Identify Pharmacogenomic Variants Associated with Chlorthalidone Induced Glucose Change in African Americans. American Society for Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics. Clinical Pharmacology & Therapeutics 2017; 101:S9. (PT-019).
- Mehanna M, Gong Y, McDonough CW, Beitelshees A, Gums J, Chapman AB, Johnson J, Turner S, Cooper-DeHoff R. The Role of Plasma Renin Activity for Improving Precision of Antihypertensive Drug Therapy in European Americans and African Americans. Pharmacotherapy 2016; 36(12): e214 (#40). Poster presentation at the ACCP Annual Meeting. October 23-26, 2016. Hollywood, FL.
- Iman Sidhom, Abeer Mokhles, Nesreen Ali, Khalid Shaaban, Dina Yassin, Sherine Salem, Sonia Soliman, Nayera Hamdy, Sarah Youssef, Wafaa Rashed, Mai Mehanna, Alaa ELHaddad, 2014. Refining Risk Classification of Pediatric Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia based on Genetic Features and Minimal Residual Disease. Abstract for oral presentation, 46th Congress of the International Society of Pediatric Oncology, Toronto, Canada, October 2014.
- Dina Yassin, Sonya Soliman, Khaled Shaaban, Sherine Salem, Nayera Hamdy, Hala Reda, Iman Sidhom, Abeer Mokhles, Nesreen Aly, Amr EL Nashar, Wafaa Rashed, Mai Mahmoud, Sarah Hesham, Alaa ELHaddad, 2014. Prevalence of the Most Common Fusion Gene Transcripts in 1080 Egyptian Pediatric Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia Patients: Children Cancer Hospital Egypt experience. Abstract, American Association for Cancer Research (AACR) Special Conference on Hematologic Malignancies: Translating Discoveries to Novel Therapies, Philadelphia, PA, September 2014.