PharmD, Jordan University of Science and Technology
Entry date into PTR PhD Program: Fall 2016
- Infectious diseases
- Graduate Assistant – University of Florida, College of Pharmacy
- Clinical Pharmacist/Preceptor – King Hussein Cancer Center
- Clinical Pharmacist/Preceptor – Hamad Medical Corporation
- Assistantship/Grinter Fellowship – University of Florida
- American College of Clinical Pharmacy (ACCP)
- ACCP Research Institute
- American Society for Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics (ASCPT)
- American Society for Microbiology (ASM)
- Board of Pharmacy Specialties (BPS)
- Golden Key International Honor Society
- Infectious Diseases Society of America (IDSA)
- International Society of Anti-infective Pharmacology (ISAP)
- Making A Difference in Infectious Diseases (MAD-ID)
- Working Group on New Tuberculosis Drugs (WGND)
- Wael Alghamdi, Mohammad H. Al-Shaer, Charles Peloquin. Protein Binding of First-Line Antituberculous Drugs. Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy. May 2018
- Christoph Lange, Wael A Alghamdi, Mohammad H Al-Shaer, Susanna Brighenti Andreas H. Diacon, Andrew R DiNardo, Hans Peter Grobbel, Matthias I. Gröschel, Florian von Groote-Bidlingmaier, Matthias Hauptmann, Jan Heyckendorf, Niklas Köhler, Thomas A. Kohl, Matthias Merker, Stefan Niemann, Charles A Peloquin, Ulrich E. Schaible, Viola Schleusener, Thorsten Thye, Thomas Schön. Perspectives for personalized therapy for patients with multidrug-resistant tuberculosis. Journal of Internal Medicine. April 2018.
- Galina Lyles, Oleg Ogarkov, Svetlana Zhdanova, Charles A. Peloquin, Andrew Ebers, Herman Pfaeffle, Mohammad H. Al-Shaer, Elena Moiseeva, Elena Zorkaltseva, Mikhail Koscheev, Eric R. Houpt, Scott K. Heysell. Pharmacokinetics of tuberculosis drugs in HIV infected patients from Irkutsk, Russian Federation: redefining drug activity. European Respiratory Journal. March 12, 2018.
- Omamah Alfarisi, Wael A. Alghamdi, Mohammad H. Al-Shaer, Kelly E. Dooley, Charles A. Peloquin. Rifampin vs. Rifapentine: What is the preferred rifamycin for tuberculosis? Expert Review of Clinical Pharmacology. 2017 Aug 18:1-10.
- Mohammad H. Al-Shaer, Hanine Mansour, Hazem Elewa, Pascale Salameh, Fatima Iqbal. Treatment outcomes of Fixed-Dose combination versus Separate Tablet Regimens in Pulmonary Tuberculosis Patients with or without Diabetes in Qatar. BMC Infectious Diseases. 2017 Feb 2;17(1):118.
- Mohammad H. Al-Shaer, Mustafa S. Mustafa, Michael J. Scalese. Metoclopramide Induced Asystolic Cardiac Arrest. Annals of Pharmacotherapy. 2015 May 1;49(5):610-1.
- Mohammad H. Al-Shaer, Tarek Ibrahim. Safety and efficacy of fondaparinux in renal impairment. Journal of pharmacy technology. 2015 Aug;31(4):161-6.
- Lama Nazer, Taghreed Alnajjar, Mohammad Al-Shaer, et al. Evaluating the effectiveness and safety of hydrocortisone therapy in cancer patients with septic shock. Journal of Oncology Pharmacy Practice. 2015 Aug;21(4):274-9.
- Mohammad Al-Shaer, Lama H. Nazer, Mazen Kherallah. Rifampicin as Adjunct to Colistin Therapy in the Treatment of Multidrug-Resistant Acinetobacter baumannii. Ann Pharmacother. 2014 Jun;48(6):766-71.
- Lama Nazer, Mohammad Al-Shaer, Feras Hawari. Drug utilization pattern and cost for the treatment of severe sepsis and septic shock in critically ill cancer patients. Int J Clin Pharm. 2013 Dec;35(6):1245-50.
- Yosra Alkabab, Mohammad H. Al-Shaer, Shahriar Ahmed, Eric R. Houpt, Charles A. Peloquin, Scott K. Heysell, Sayera Banu. Diabetes related multidrug-resistant tuberculosis in Bangladesh: comparison of host factors. 2018 National Tuberculosis Conference. 2018 May 21.
- Mohammad H. Al-Shaer, Yosra Alkabab, Stellah G. Mpagama, Anna Cholongo, Buliga Mujaga, Jean Gratz, Eric R. Houpt, Charles Peloquin, Scott K. Heysell. Ototoxicity is associated with exposure to kanamycin and capreomycin in the treatment of multidrug-resistant tuberculosis. International Workshop on Clinical Pharmacology of Tuberculosis Drugs. 2017 Oct 15.
- Abdullah Alsultan, Michael Neely, Wael Alghamdi, Mohammad Alshaer, Scott K. Heysell, Russell R. Kempker, Stellah G. Mpagama, Maia Kipiani, Anna Chongolo, Eric R. Houpt, Guohua An, Charles Peloquin. Population Pharmacokinetics of Cycloserine. International Workshop on Clinical Pharmacology of Tuberculosis Drugs. 2017 Oct 15.
- Mohammad H. Al-Shaer, Hanine Mansour, Fatima Iqbal. Safety and efficacy of fixed-dose combination compared to separate tablets regimen in the initial treatment phase of pulmonary tuberculosis in Qatar. Pharmacotherapy: The Journal of Human Pharmacology and Drug Therapy. 2015 Nov 1;35(11):e194-5.
- Lama H. Nazer, Mohammad Al-Shaer, Taghreed Alnajjar, Feras Hawari. Efficacy and safety of low-dose hydrocortisone in cancer patients with septic shock. Pharmacotherapy. Vol. 33, No. 5, Clinical Pharmacy Forum. American College of Clinical Pharmacy, 2013 Virtual Poster Symposium [Best Poster Award: Second Place].
- Lama H. Nazer, Mohammad Al-Shaer. Drug utilization and cost in cancer patients with severe sepsis and septic shock. Pharmacotherapy. Vol. 33, No. 5, Clinical Pharmacy Forum. American College of Clinical Pharmacy, 2013 Virtual Poster Symposium.
- Lama Nazer, Taghreed Al Najjar, Mohammad Al-Shaer, Feras Hawari. Hydrocortisone therapy in cancer patients with septic shock; experience of a comprehensive cancer center. Critical Care Medicine. Vol. 40, Issue 12. Dec 2012.
- Lama Nazer, Mohammad Al-Shaer, Taghreed Al Najjar, Feras Hawari. Febrile neutropenia resulting in severe sepsis and septic shock: drug utilization pattern and associated cost. Critical Care Medicine. Vol. 39, Issue 12, p 224. December 2011.