Students are typically admitted into the PhD program for the Fall semester of each academic year.
We recommend that all application materials for those wanting to be considered for the Fall 2022 term be submitted no later than 5 p.m. EST on December 1, 2021.
All the forms needed to apply online are available on the College of Pharmacy Graduate Education website.
- Application Instructions – everything you need to do to apply for admission.
- Frequently Asked Admissions Questions
There are no provisions to waive or defer the $30.00 application fee. This fee must be paid directly to the Office of Admissions and be received before your application is processed. If you cannot pay electronically you can use this form to mail in your payment.
All applicants will be considered on a competitive basis.
The Department adheres to the following requirements:
- A grade point average (GPA) of at least 3.0 (on a 4-point scale);
- Three letters of recommendation;
- Statement of Purpose: A biographical sketch including a statement of career goals and reason for selecting a program of study in Clinical Pharmaceutical Sciences;
- Official transcripts
- Please note the GRE is no longer required for admission to the UF College of Pharmacy’s graduate programs. GRE scores will not be considered in admission decisions.
All international applicants must provide proof of English Proficiency. Exemptions are granted only if applicants have successfully completed one academic year in a degree-seeking program at a recognized/regionally accredited university or college in the United States or a country where English is the official language; or if applicants hold an earned equivalent of associate’s, bachelor’s, master’s or PhD degree from a recognized/regionally accredited college or university in the United States or country where English is the official language.
The following English Proficiency test scores are accepted:
- TOEFL: scores must be sent through the Education Testing Service (ETS) using the institution test code 5812.
- IELTS: scores must be sent through the IELTS Results Service E-Delivery. An institution test code is not required. Paper scores or unofficial scores from students will not be accepted.
- Duolingo: UF does not accept language test scores from Duolingo
Complete instructions for submitting official test scores and international transcripts are available on the Graduate Education Application Process website.
An interview may be required and may be conducted in-person or through telephone or video conferencing.
For questions about the admission process, please contact our Graduate Programs office at GraduateAdmissions@cop.ufl.edu.