Students are typically admitted into the PhD program for the Fall semester of each academic year.
We recommend that all application materials for those wanting to be considered for the Fall 2021 term be submitted no later than 5 pm EST on December 1, 2020.
All the forms needed to apply online are available on this website.
- Application Checklist – everything you need to do to apply for admission.
There are no provisions to waive or defer the $30.00 application fee. This fee must be paid directly to the Office of Admissions and be received before your application is processed. If you cannot pay electronically you can use this form to mail in your payment.
Prospective students are encouraged to apply online. For more information: UF College of Pharmacy Graduate Programs
All applicants will be considered on a competitive basis.
The Department adheres to the following requirements:
- A grade point average (GPA) of at least 3.0 (on a 4-point scale);
- Three letters of recommendation;
- A biographical sketch including a statement of career goals and reason for selecting a program of study in Clinical Pharmaceutical Sciences;
- Official transcripts
- Please note the GRE is no longer required for admission to the UF College of Pharmacy’s graduate programs. GRE scores will not be considered in admission decisions.
The University of Florida requires that most foreign applicants must submit scores of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), IELTS (International English Language Testing System), or MELAB (Michigan English Language Assessment Test). The level of English competency required for admission is TOEFL scores of least 80 (iBT), 550 (paper), or 213 (computer) or their equivalents in the other two English language tests, as well as a verbal GRE score of at least 140. The TOEFL/IELTS/MELAB requirement is waived for foreign students who have successfully completed at least one year at a college or university in the United States.
An interview may be required and may be conducted in-person or through telephone or video conferencing.
For questions about the admission process, please contact our Graduate Programs office at GraduateAdmissions@cop.ufl.edu.